Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanks Friends.

It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think that is probably a pretty accurate statement. Since our move, I have been trying to keep in touch with all of my friends but it's just not the same. Several of my friends have been with me through thick and thin and their physically being by my side now is greatly missed.
I put a call out to my friends on Facebook asking for help for my son's Boy Scout Eagle Court of Honor. As always, my friends jumped up and offered to do anything that I needed. It would be too difficult to transport food for nine hours for the reception and I will be getting in too late in the day to cook anything. As one friend stated, we are here and let us help you.
Not often is a person blessed with special friends. These are people that I have met while my kids are involved in activities like Scouting. They stood by me when I broke my let at summer camp and again they amaze me at what they are doing.
Some people judge worth by how much you own or what you do for a living. I am a housewife with a treasure of friends. They have all done a great job of keeping in touch and offering words of support. Moving to another state is frustrating enough but feeling like you are alone is another thing. My friends have made it clear that I am not alone and they have offered support whenever they could. They know me very well and they know my limits. It's nice that a friend can send a quick message or email just to let me know they are thinking of me. It always seems to happen when I am the most frustrated.
As I raise my children and continue through life, I hope I can impress upon them the importance of good friends. No matter where you go, or what you do, your friends will always be there with a smile and a hug. They are definitely God's gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment